About Me

My photo
Wow where do I begin??? First of all I love my Jesus. He's my rock & comforter. By no means am I perfect & I am so thankful that in Him I am saved. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years. Colby is such a great hubby and amazing daddy. I can't believe what a hard worker he is and what he does for our family. If it's possible, I love him more everyday. We have two little boys, Jake who turned three in January and has blessed our lives more than we could have ever imagined! And Jett who was born in November and is such a sweet angel! Becoming a mommy has brought out an entire new part of me that I never knew existed. And I honestly can't even describe it. But it's the best, most significant, and most rewarding thing I've ever done. My family is my WORLD...I'm not worthy of such a beautiful family. GOD IS GOOD!

Friday, May 23, 2008

4 Months!

Jake turned four months old today! We had his check up yesterday and everything went great. He weighed 15 lbs. 11 oz. and was 24 1/4 in. long. He was in the 50th percentile in both his weight and height! Dr. Walsh also said that he is neurologically older than what he actually is. She was impressed with the way he held eye contact when people talked to him and how he "talked" back to people when they were talking to him. Needless to say, that made his mommy and daddy very proud! She wants him to continue the cereal and when he turns five months she wants us to start him on veggies.

He had to get his four month shots while we were there. That is always so hard! He did great for the actual process and only cried for a few seconds when she gave them to him. But he had a hard rest of the day and night. I think his little thighs just are so sore afterwards. But there were a few times he just cried and cried. And he NEVER cries, so it was a little alarming to us. Last night we got out the thermometer to make sure he didn't have a temperature, and he didn't which was a relief. But thankfully today he woke up feeling good and was back to our sweet, smiling baby boy! We are so thankful that Jake is so healthy and that everything checked out great! Praise the Lord!

He's getting to be a champ at sitting up! We actually took him into Target and set him in the cart like a big boy! And he did great! (If you're a parent you know how great it is not to have to carry around that car seat everywhere!) This week we also started using a sippee cup and he's getting it down great! He's also figured out how to laugh out loud really good and he's doing it all the time! It's the BEST sound in the world! I LOVE IT!

Here's a few pictures from the past couple of days.

Laughing at daddy


Relaxin' with mommy


Playing in the grass outside


Cutie pie!


Using a sippee cup...he can hold it himself but we have to help him get a drink...he like to chomp on the spout

No comments: