About Me

My photo
Wow where do I begin??? First of all I love my Jesus. He's my rock & comforter. By no means am I perfect & I am so thankful that in Him I am saved. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years. Colby is such a great hubby and amazing daddy. I can't believe what a hard worker he is and what he does for our family. If it's possible, I love him more everyday. We have two little boys, Jake who turned three in January and has blessed our lives more than we could have ever imagined! And Jett who was born in November and is such a sweet angel! Becoming a mommy has brought out an entire new part of me that I never knew existed. And I honestly can't even describe it. But it's the best, most significant, and most rewarding thing I've ever done. My family is my WORLD...I'm not worthy of such a beautiful family. GOD IS GOOD!

Friday, January 18, 2008

He's almost here!!

HOPEFULLY this will be the final update on Jake until he gets here! We went to the doctor today and unfortunately I had made no progress as far as dilation goes. My blood pressure was back to being somewhat normal and I have lost some weight. I am basically completely effaced and he's dropped again but I'm not dilating. I was kind of worried about that, but she says that's normal for first time pregnancies. She said we definitely can't wait another week to see if I progress because then she thinks for sure I'll have to have a c-section because of his size. We tried to get a time for Monday to induce but it was completely full. SO...we're set to induce at 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning...unless something crazy happens and I go into labor on my own this weekend! Otherwise Jake's birthday will be January 22nd!

So, we've got our car all packed and the car seat put in so we'll be ready for Tuesday. Colby says we're having a big weekend long date since it might be our last one for a while! It has been so fun watching him recently. The closer it gets the more excited he is. He's going to be such an amazing daddy and I can't wait to see that!! I feel a peace about everything. I know this is going to be an amazing experience and I just want to remember every moment.

Be praying that everything goes smoothly and that Jake has no stress put on him. I just want him to come out happy and healthy! And you might say a quick prayer for the mommy-to-be because although I feel settled now, I know my nerves will kick into high gear Tuesday morning. This will most likely be the last post until Jake is here but I will get on and update just as soon as I get the chance. Thank you to everyone who has been here for us throughout this pregnancy and have been praying for us! It means so much more than you know! God bless!!

Love,
Mommy to Jake in just 3 days! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I know you are so excited about this day finally getting here. It seems you have been waiting a long time for this moment in your life. I am so proud of who you are and the parents you and Colby are going to be. Jake will change your lives in so many ways, but all of them good. He is a lucky little boy to have you and Colby as parents and I know God will always continue to bless your lives with this little miracle everyday! Love Grandma and Grandpa McCloskey

Jordan said...

Good luck tomorrow, Megan!!
I can't wait to see pictures!
~Jordan J.